Monday, February 15, 2010

Snowball fight

I've seen lots of snow pics from Tyler from last week. I'm sure everyone had a great time, but I'll bet no one had as much fun as we did during the snow storm. It snowed here in LaGrange too, probably for about 6 hours Friday afternoon. Jamie and I were planning a Valentine Party for Saturday and needed to pass the party flyers out Friday. Friday was a school holiday/furlough day for the kids which was great cause it was also a SNOW DAY!!!! A group of boys came over to hang out so Jamie and I took them with us to pass out flyers. This was a brilliant plan because they took us to EVERY house that had kids!!!!

After we finished passing out the flyers Gabi and TJ ended back up at our house. We had some hot chocolate and cookies (the boys even helped my stamp and label some of our newsletters)
and then decided it was time to go play in the snow. First we found an old box made a sled. This was fun for a little bit, until the boys decided to make a snowman. That was fun for all of 2 minutes because what do you know Kamerin, Marvin, and Taye showed up at the house. With a group this big, there's only one thing to do. SNOWBALL FIGHT!!!!

And that's what we did. I did manage to have them help me make a snowman, (which was promptly knocked over as soon as a picture was snapped.) It was so much fun. The Mohammads came out, neighbors from down the street, and Gabi's whole family plus cousins walked over and joined in the fun. This was the most racially diverse snowball fight I've ever been a part of. (Actually I've never been in a snowball fight!) I think this Hispanic, African American, Iraqi, and White, snowball fight is a portrait of the Kingdom of God, full of life, fun, and diversity.

Thank you God for a wonderful snow day! Here are a few pics of a Mission Year Snow/Day.

Notice I have no gloves, the ones I had were def. not waterproof!!!


Snowman

Snowlady

Check out the sweet snow fort!

Action Shot!
I think Gabi just got smacked in his head!


Arturo pelting Mavi!

We came inside and had an impromptu dinner for about 20+ people.

Played some games,

And even found time to steal a kiss (or not!!!!)

Norma and Arturo are a much cuter couple!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE that picture of Cameron. I definitely think we need to print a lot of these for the tutoring center...or HILLSIDE HOMIES!

    ReplyDelete