Monday, February 22, 2010

The Miracle

Normally I am the kind of teacher that rewards my kids with candy. But being a professional volunteer makes me think twice about purchasing a bag of candy. I have really been having a hard time motivating my fifth graders, but working towards a homework pass has flipped that switch on. 20 correct problems equals 1 homework pass. And guess what, they actually want me to explain the steps of how to solve their problems. Today out of 4 problems almost everyone earned 3 stars. You have no idea how great this really was!!! It was a miracle! (Devontae even asked me to give him homework.) Granted he wants homework from me so he doesn't have to to his actual math book homework, but hey whatever works!!!! Looks like I'm gonna need to make fifth grade homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment