Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Way To Go!

I'm gonna brag on one of my little guys Kendarious. We have been working SOOOOOOO hard on short vowel sounds and sight words. He has an extremely hard time staying focused. He keeps a folder of things we are working on at his desk in his regular classroom. In his folder is his stack of sight words that we practice every day. His teacher told me today that she saw him pull out those words and practice them BY HIMSELF instead of bothering or talking the friend that sits next to him. (this was after he finished his work) Now this may not seem like anything, but this is HUGE!!!! His behavior and lack of attention can make for extremely long days in the life of his teacher. I was so happy to see that not only did he want to paractice those words, but that he did it without ANYONE telling him too!!! His focus today when we worked together was probably better than it ever has been before. I'm not sure if it was because of the positive reinforcement or because he is gaining self confidence. Sometimes I get overwhelemed from working with these kids. It is so encouraging to see a glimmer of hope. Makes me remember that what I do is important. Way to go Kendarious!

No comments:

Post a Comment