Friday, January 22, 2010

Everybody look at me cause I've got a baby goat

La Grange was just too big for us. Now we live on a farm with these cute baby goats!
Actually we visited Jubilee Partners last weekend. Jubilee is part farm, part Christian community, and part refugee camp. Jubilee is made of up of about 12 people that live there all the time, volunteers, and refugees. Jubilee has a huge garden and most of their food comes from what they grow or raise. I think Jubilee houses about 5 refugees families at a time. The UN sends refugees to Jubilee as a sort of transition into American life. There they attend English classes, and learn how to do basic things like grocery shop, that we take for granted. A cool fact that our neighbors, the Mohammads that I have written about before, lived at Jubilee when they first arrived in the US.
















Just imagine all these chickens running towards you. It happened to me.

1 comment:

  1. love the goats! love you and miss you too... great talking with you the other day... didn't realize how much I miss you sweet friend. Hug Ben for us!

    ReplyDelete