Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Laughter

Sometimes living community makes me want to retreat to my room or escape from the house. Lately though, unless I am at school, I would rather be at home. I know it safe there. It sometimes is the only place where I can stop all the busyiness. But even at home we are often entertaining/hanging our neighbors and roommates. Most of us have been frustrated this past month, for various reasons but last night we were we all gathered in my room, let some steam off, shared some frustrations, and ended up laughing harder than I have in quite a while. It felt good, really good.

It's gets easy to lose sight of why we are here in the midst of the busyiness. I am here to share Christ with my neighborhood. I am here to live in Christian community. Busyiness is probably one of the main reasons I'm frustrated. It's not good to simply fill our days with doing, even if we are doing good things. It's good, so good to take time to stop and laugh and be goofy. We don't get enough of that these days. I am thankful for laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment