Thursday, October 29, 2009

Prayer time

We have 6am prayer two mornings a week. That may not seem like a very hard thing to do, but for me it started off as a chore and I resented being told I had to do something. As things often go, good often comes from things were are "forced to do." 6am is not the ideal time for me to pray, for starters even though I am normally awake at that time, I'm not usually praying. Prayer is not something that just comes naturally for me. To be honest, it's something I often forget to do. But having a time set aside specifically for prayer is a much needed routine in my life. 6am has been the time I have found to pray for the kids and the time I spend with them at school.

I am so thankful to have the position I do at Unity. I a huge part of my role is to be an encourager to these precious children. I try to find ways every day to tell them that are an awesome reader or a math superstar. My attitude is so important. If I can make them feel good about themselves, they will likely begin to have that same attitude. Spending a few moments in prayer before the day starts makes such a difference in my attitude. I am lucky to be a teacher. There isn't a day that goes by that these kids don't bring me joy. Even though I may not especially enjoy waking up early to pray, I'm glad we do.

2 comments:

  1. You are blessing so many peoples lives! I am thankful to call you an Ben my friends. I'm ready for another phone date (without my kids screaming in the background).

    ReplyDelete